Ingredients To Be Creamed:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
Vanilla and Almond Extracts:
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 2¼ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt (omit salt if using salted butter)
Coconut and Chocolate Chips:
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut (or unsweetened coconut)
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 400°. If using a convection oven choose the pure convection setting and preheat to 375°.
- Cream butter in work bowl.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and almond extract to work bowl, mix until incorporated into butter.
- Mix in flour and salt.
- Add coconut and chocolate chips; mix.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place about 1-inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake until set but not brown, 10 to 12 minutes.