Angel Food Cake With Sugared Strawberries and Whipped Cream
- Baking Angel Food Cake: 3 hours
- Preparing Strawberries: 1 hour
- Total Time: Approximately 4 hours
Follow instructions for baking an angel food cake. This cake must be baked 4 to 6 hours before serving to allow time to cool.
- One hour before eating, slice strawberries into a medium-sized bowl.
- Sprinkle with sugar. If strawberries are sweet use ⅛ cup sugar; if tart add sugar to taste.
- Set strawberries aside so that the sugar is absorbed. The sugar will actually bring out the flavor of the strawberries after sitting for a ½ hour to an hour at room temperature.
- Slice angel food cake.
- Top with sugared strawberries and whipped cream.