Asian Chicken Salad
- ⅓ cup + 3 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 6 tablespoons rice wine
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2¼ teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (use ½ teaspoon for spicier dressing)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into small bite-sized pieces
Vegetables and Mango:
- 3 cups green or Chinese cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups of Romaine lettuce, tear into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1½ cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1½ cups fresh Chinese pea pods
- 1 bunch scallions, finely sliced
- 2 cups of broccoli florets, slice into bite-sized pieces
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and diced
- 6 cups water
- One 6-ounce package soba noodles
- ½ teaspoon salt
In a small bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Save out a ¼ cup of the dressing for marinating the chicken and set the rest aside.
- Place the cooked chicken in a medium-sized bowl.
- Sprinkle the chicken lightly with a dash of salt.
- Add ¼ cup of dressing to the chicken.
- Mix the dressing into the chicken and allow to marinate for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Bring 6 cups of water and ½ teaspoon of salt to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add the soba noodles and simmer uncovered for 3 minutes.
- Pour the cooked noodles into a fine mesh strainer and rinse with cold water until they are completely cooled ( 30 seconds to 1 minute); set aside to drain.
- Place all of the chopped vegetables and mango in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the marinated chicken.
- Add the drained soba noodles to the bowl.
- Note: If you do not want long noodles in the salad, take a pair of kitchen scissors and cut through the noodles several times. This will make the strands shorter and easier to eat.
- Toss the noodles, chicken, vegetables, and mango.
- Add the remainder of the dressing and toss to coat the salad ingredients.