Sweet and Spicy Baked Yams or Sweet Potatoes
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Baking time: 30 to 45 minutes
- 9x13 rectangular baking pan
- 1 tablespoon butter
Yams or Sweet Potatoes:
- 3 pounds yams or sweet potatoes
Brown Sugar and Spice Mix:
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ancho chile powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350°.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 9x13 rectangular baking pan; set aside.
- Peel the yams.
- Slice yams into ½-inch thick rounds.
- Places rounds in the 9x13 baking pan.
- Cut the butter into small cubes.
- Dot the potatoes with the cubed butter.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and spice mixture over the potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered for 1 hour, or until easily pierced with a knife.