Black Bean, Corn, and Tomato Salad
- 1 cup cooked corn cut from 1 ear of corn or 1 cup cooked frozen corn
- One 15-ounce can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped (seeded for less heat)
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
In a medium bowl, gently mix together the corn, black beans, cilantro, red onion, jalapeño pepper, and cherry tomatoes.
- In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, thyme, salt, and black pepper.
- Add lime and spice dressing to black bean mixture; toss and serve.
Recipe adapted from Joy of Cooking, by Irma S. Rombauer, Marion Rombauer Becker, and Ethan Becker. New York: Scribner (1997).