- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon seedless blackberry jam (see note below)
- Dash of salt
- Dash ground black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
Place balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, and minced garlic in a bowl.
- Let stand for 10 minutes. This will bring out the full flavor of the garlic.
- Add sugar, blackberry jam, salt and pepper to the garlic mixture. Whisk to incorporate.
- Slowly pour olive oil into the bowl; whisking as you pour. This method will allow the ingredients to mesh together and make a smooth, well-incorporated salad dressing.