Breaded Pork Chops
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Refrigeration time: 1 to 2 hours
- Cooking time: 15 to 20 minutes total
- 4 pork chops (about ½-inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Eggs For Dipping:
Saltines For Breading:
- 2 cups coarsely crushed saltines
- ¼ to ½ cup safflower or vegetable oil
Place a sheet of waxed paper in the bottom of a 9x13-inch rectangular pan. Tear off another sheet of waxed paper and set aside with pan.
- Crush saltines into a shallow bowl or pie plate. About 1 sleeve or about 35 to 40 saltines will make about 2 cups of crushed saltines. Set aside.
- In a separate shallow bowl or pie plate, beat 2 eggs and set aside.
- Spread ½ cup flour onto the bottom of a plate, set aside.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Dredge each pork chop in the flour until evenly coated.
- Next, dip the flour coated pork chop in beaten egg until completely coated.
- Place each pork chop in the shallow bowl of crushed cracker crumbs. Turn over several times until the pork chop is completely coated with cracker crumbs.
- Place two pork chops on top of the waxed paper in the 9x13-inch rectangular pan.
- Cover the first 2 pork chops with the second sheet of waxed paper.
- Place the last 2 pork chops on top of the second sheet of waxed paper.
- Cover and refrigerate the breaded pork chops 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove pork chops from the refrigerator approximately 30 minutes before cooking.
- Heat the oil on medium in a large skillet. Cast iron is a great choice for this type of cooking.
- Place the pork chops in the skillet.
- Cook for approximately 5 to 10 minutes on each side until pork chops are a nice golden brown and a knife pierces the meat easily.
- Remove to a platter and serve.