Caramelized Baby Carrots
- Steaming time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- 16-ounces of steamed baby carrots (1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon butter (or olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash of salt and ground black pepper
Heat butter on medium in a frying pan; cast iron works best.
- Add carrots to butter and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle carrots with brown sugar and toss to coat.
- Turn heat up to medium-high.
- Cook carrots until they begin to brown.
- Add balsamic vinegar and spices.
- Cook for a 5 minutes.