Spicy Carrot Ginger Cumin Slaw
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- ¼ small head green cabbage, coarsely grated (about 2 cups)
- 3 carrots, peeled and coarsely grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 jalapeño chile seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh finely chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Optional Sliced Almonds:
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
Use a food processor or a box grater to grate carrots and cabbage.
- In a large bowl, toss grated carrots and cabbage with chopped jalapeño chile and cilantro.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over carrot mixture, toss to incorporate.
- Spoon slaw into a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with optional sliced almonds.