Carrot Cumin Slaw
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- ¼ head green cabbage, coarsely grated
- 3 carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 jalapeño chile seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro or parsley
- ¼ cup olive oil or oil of your choice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (can substitute lemon juice)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Place cabbage, carrots, jalapeño chile, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a separate bowl mix oil.
- Add dressing to cabbage mixture.
- Toss and serve.
Recipe from Food Everday: Great Food Fast, by Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. New York: Clarkson Potter Publishers (2007).