Cherry Chocolate Teacakes
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
Ingredients to be Creamed:
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2¼ cups flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
Cherries, Chocolate, and Optional Nuts
- ¾ cup finely chopped tart dried cherries
- ¾ dark semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°. If using convection oven use the pure convection setting at 375°.
- Cream butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in vanilla, flour and salt.
- Add cherries, chocolate and optional nuts.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake until set, but not brown; about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool and serve.