- Marinating Chicken: 2 to 4 hours
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes (approximately 48 pieces)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 zucchini sliced (approximately 32 pieces)
- 1 yellow or red pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces (approximately 32 pieces)
- 1 onion, cut into 1 inch pieces (approximately 60-80 pieces)
- 32 cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes (optional)
Place chicken in a shallow baking dish or bowl; sprinkle with salt and mix.
- Add half a recipe of citrus herb marinade.
- Toss chicken to coat with marinade; refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- In a separate bowl place zucchini slices, yellow or red pepper, onion and optional cherry tomatoes.
- Add remaining citrus herb marinade to vegetables and toss to coat.
- Place vegetables in fridge for 2-4 hours, tossing once.
- If you are using bamboo skewers you will need to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling to prevent them from charring.
- If you are broiling the kebobs in the oven; set the temperature to broil and preheat until hot. Rack should be 2 to 4 inches from the top burner.
- If you are using an outdoor grill preheat the grill on direct medium to medium-high heat. If you have a temperature gauge try to keep the grill between 450° and 475°.
- This should be the right amount of meat and vegetables for 8 kebobs.
- Thread onion, chicken, onion, zucchini, yellow or red pepper, tomato on skewers and then repeat until you have 6 pieces of meat, and approx., 4 each of the zucchini, pepper and tomato.
- Brush the top side of the kebobs with a coating of vegetable oil.
- Place skewers oiled side down on grill.
- Broil or grill kebobs 3 to 4 minutes.
- Before turning, brush the top of the kebobs with a light coating of vegetable oil.
- Gently run a metal spatula under the kebobs to loosen them from the grill.
- Using a pair of tongs, turn the kebobs and grill for another 2 to 3 minutes.