Chicken Teriyaki Rice Bowls
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into small pieces
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce of your choice
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 head broccoli, separated into small florets. Peel stem and slice (see my techniques page on how to peel broccoli stems).
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped or julienned
- ½ head of cabbage, chopped
- One 15-ounce can of baby corn (optional)
- 1 cup fresh chinese pea pods (or ½ bag frozen peas, cooked and drained)
- ½ cup to 1 cup teriyaki sauce (brand of your choice)
Sprinkle cut up chicken with salt.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce. Set aside or refrigerate for up to 30 minutes.
- Add oil to a medium-high heat wok.
- Add onion and cook until tender and light golden brown; 5 to 10 minutes
- Add garlic, carrots, baby corn (optional), broccoli, and broccoli stems (see my techniques page on how to peel broccoli stems).
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes until tender.
- Remove vegetables from wok, set aside.
- If necessary, add a tablespoon of oil to wok.
- Add chicken to wok, stir and cook for a few minutes until chicken is a light creamy color.
- Add vegetables to wok.
- Add teriyaki sauce. Stir and cook for a few minutes.
- Add pea pods/peas and cabbage, cook for a few minutes.
- Serve over steamed rice in bowls.