Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Optional Refrigeration of Dough: 24 hours
- Mixing and Baking Cookies (without dough refrigeration): 40 minutes
Ingredients to be Creamed:
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks); softened until almost completely melted
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark semi-sweet chocolate chips (½ of a 12-ounce bag)
Preheat pure convection oven to 350°. If you are using a standard oven preheat to 375°.
- Grease cookies sheets and set aside. Click here to learn more about how to grease cookie sheets.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and eggs. Mix until blended.
- Add dry ingredients. Mix until blended, scraping down the sides as you go.
- Add chocolate chips, mix in.
- Form 1-inch round balls.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cookies should be light golden brown when done.
- Let cool for a minute then remove cookies to a cooling rack.