Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars
Ingredients to be Creamed:
- 1¼ cups butter, softened (2½ sticks)
- 1¼ cups brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2½ cups flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark semi-sweet chocolate chips (½ of a 12-ounce bag)
Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet and set aside. Click here to learn more about how to grease cookie sheets.
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Mix in egg yolks and vanilla.
- Mix in flour and salt.
- Add dark chocolate chips and mix in.
- Press dough onto the greased cookie sheet. If the dough is sticky, lightly dust the palm of your hand before pressing the dough onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the dough is golden brown.
- Cool and cut into 1 or 2-inch bars.