Mini Chocolate Donut Muffins (Doughnut)
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Topping Ideas (See comments section for details):
Preheat oven to 400°.
- Grease mini-muffin pans and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together all dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl whisk together moist ingredients.
- Add moist ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Mix until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, 6 to 7 minutes.
- If you are glazing or frosting the donut muffins, allow them to cool on a rack and then dip in glaze of your choice.
- See comments section below for topping ideas.
- Serve immediately.