Chocolate Espresso Teacakes With Coconut and Mini-Chocolate Chips
Ingredients to be Creamed:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2¼ cups flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons finely ground espresso
- ¼ teaspoon salt (omit salt if using salted butter)
Mini Chocolate Chips:
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 square unsweetened chocolate
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon brewed espresso or strong coffee
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon hot water
Preheat oven to 400°. If using a convection oven choose the pure convection setting and preheat to 375°.
- Cream butter in work bowl.
- Add powdered sugar mixing until light and fluffy.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and mix on low speed until dough comes together.
- Mix in mini chocolate chips and coconut.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place about 1-inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake until set, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool on a rack.
- To make the Chocolate Espresso Glaze For Baked Goods:
- In a small saucepan, heat unsweetened chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring constantly until melted; remove from heat.
- Stir in powdered sugar, espresso, and vanilla.
- Add hot water 1 teaspoon at a time until the glaze is glossy and a good consistency for dipping.
- Dip tips of cooled cookies in the glaze.
- Place on a cooling rack and allow the glaze to set.