- Total time: Approximately 1 Hour
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 8-ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped (I use dark chocolate chocolate chips which don't require chopping)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla or liqueur of your choice
Whisking constantly, bring heavy whipping cream to a boil in small saucepan.
- Remove from heat and add the chocolate.
- Stir until most of the chocolate has melted.
- Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Whisk very gently until completely smooth.
- Stir in vanilla or liqueur.
- For a pourable glaze, let stand at room temperature, stirring occasionally, until the mixture cools.
- For frosting, let stand until spreadable. If frosting becomes too stiff, set pan in larger pan of hot water and stir until softened.
Recipe from Joy of Cooking, by Irma S. Rombauer, Marion Rombauer Becker, and Ethan Becker. New York: Scribner (1997).