Chocolate Sandwich Cremes
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Refrigeration time: 4 to 24 hours
- Baking time: 6 minutes
Ingredients to be Creamed:
- ½ cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2-ounces unsweetened chocolate; melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and mix in.
- Mix in melted chocolate and vanilla.
- Mix in flour and salt.
- Lightly flour a work surface
- Split the dough in half and place on floured work surface.
- Shape each half of the dough into a large log shape.
- Using the palms of your hands roll each log out until it is approximately 2-inches in diameter and about 12 to 14-inches long.
- Wrap each roll in a piece of waxed paper.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. If using a convection oven choose the pure convection setting on 350°.
- Lightly grease cookies sheets and set aside. Click here to learn more about how to grease cookie sheets.
- Slice the dough into ⅛-inch pieces.
- Place slices on cookie sheets.
- Bake until firm, but not hard; approximately 6 minutes. Do Not Overbake!
- Cool completely on racks.
- Make the buttercream frosting or chocolate buttercream frosting.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon of buttercream frosting or chocolate buttercream frosting on a cookie, top with a second cookie to make a sandwich creme.