Cocoa Whipped Cream
- Total time: 10 to 20 minutes
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream (buy the heaviest cream available)
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa
- ½ teaspoon vanilla (optional)
Chill a medium-sized bowl and mixer beaters in the fridge for 10 to 15 minutes (this is especially important if your kitchen is warm).
- Pour a third of the cream into the medium-sized bowl.
- Add powdered sugar, cocoa, and vanilla. Mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Add the remaining cream to the bowl.
- Beat with a mixer on medium high speed until cream begins to thicken.
- Do not over beat or the cream will separate.