Corn on the Cob
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 9 minutes
- 1 ear of corn per person
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
Just before cooking remove the husks and silk from each ear of corn.
- Rinse with cold water to remove any remaining silk.
- If the stem is extremely long use a paring knife to cut it off. Leave about a ½-inch stub.
- Fill the bottom of a Dutch oven with about 1-inch of water.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Using tongs, add the husked corn to the Dutch oven and cover with a lid.
- Bring the water to a boil and then turn down the heat to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for exactly 8 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Using tongs, immediately remove the corn from Dutch oven.
- Butter each ear.
- Serve with salt and ground black pepper on the side.