- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 pounds of red or yellow potatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 recipe of white sauce
- Cut potatoes into bite-sized cubes.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan.
- Cover the potatoes with cold water.
- Bring potatoes to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer until potatoes are easily pierced with a paring knife, 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking prepare the white sauce.
- Drain the potatoes.
- Add ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper to the potatoes.
- Pour the white sauce over the potatoes.
- Toss the potatoes to coat with the sauce.