Creamy White Pizza Sauce
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
For Single recipe
(Makes 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
For Double recipe
(Makes 4 cups)
- 4 tablespoons butter (½ a stick)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2½ cups milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Using medium-low heat melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add flour to butter and garlic.
- Whisk in flour until bubbly.
- Whisk in milk
- On medium heat, cook and stir milk mixture until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Stir in salt and black pepper.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add chopped basil to sauce.
- Stir in the Parmesan and allow to melt.
- Follow recipe for Chicken, Bacon, Garlic, and Basil White Pizza and spread 1½ cups of the sauce onto the pizza round.