- 2 tablespoons butter; melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups cubed sourdough (about 4-6 slices of sourdough bread)
Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cube 4-6 slices of sourdough bread so that you have 3-4 cups.
- Melt butter.
- Add olive oil to butter.
- Add 3 cloves of crushed garlic.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour butter/olive oil mixture over bread cubes and toss thoroughly.
- Spread bread out on a pizza pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Take out of oven and stir a bit.
- Bake for another 5 minutes. Croutons will be golden brown in color and hard to the touch.
- Cool and serve.
Recipe from Joy of Cooking, by Irma S. Rombauer, Marion Rombauer Becker, and Ethan Becker. New York: Scribner (1997).