Easy Baked Italian Chicken
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 hour
- Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 3 bone-in chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup dry sherry or white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Sauce Thickening Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¼ cup cold water
Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place chicken breasts in a shallow skillet that can be used on the stovetop and in the the oven.
- In a small bowl mix together broth, sherry, basil oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour sauce over chicken breasts.
- Cover chicken breasts with ovenproof lid or foil and place in oven.
- Bake, covered for approximately 1 hour or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a sharp knife or fork.
- Place the chicken on a platter and return to oven while making the sauce.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour and cold water.
- Slowly stir flour and water mixture into the pan juices.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until sauce thickens.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.