Easy Chicken Cacciatore
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast; cut into small pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry white or red wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- One 25-ounce jar of marinara sauce (or 1 recipe of Italian Marinara Sauce)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil (or freshly minced basil if you have it)
- One 6-ounce can of black olives; drained and chopped into quarters
- One 16-ounce bag penne rigate pasta; cooked as directed (or pasta of your choice)
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Freshly grated mozzarella cheese
Cut boneless chicken breast into small pieces.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together chicken, salt, pepper, and dry wine. Let stand for 10 minutes. You can prepare the chicken up to 2 hours before cooking and refrigerate.
- Cook pasta as per package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Add chicken. Cook for 5 minutes; stirring frequently.
- Add marinara sauce, garlic, basil, and black olives to the pan. Bring to a simmer. Turn down heat, cover pan and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve the chicken mixture over the pasta. Top with optional cheese of your choice.