Easy Penne Pasta Casserole
- One 16-ounce bag penne rigate pasta
- One 25-ounce jar of marinara sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil (or freshly minced basil if you have it)
- 8-ounces grated mozzarella cheese (approximately 2 cups)
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook pasta as directed. Drain and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add marinara, garlic, and basil to pasta. Mix.
- Mix mozzarella and parmesan cheeses together in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- Pour approximately half of pasta mixture into a 9x13 oblong baking dish.
- Sprinkle half of cheese mixture of pasta.
- Spoon remaining pasta mixture over the layer of cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over pasta.
- Bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes; until heated through.