Chocolate Glazed Espresso Walnut Bites
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Refrigerator time: 2 hours or overnight
- Baking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients For Cookies:
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground espresso beans
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (omit of using salted butter)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
In a work bowl cream butter.
- Add sugar and mix until butter and sugar are light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and mix in.
- Add flour and mix on low speed until blended.
- Mix in espresso and finely chopped walnuts.
- Tear off a 18-inch long piece of waxed paper and place on a flat surface.
- Place the dough in the center of the waxed paper.
- Gently shape the dough into a rectangle that is about 14-inches in length by 2½-inches in width.
- Wrap the waxed paper around the dough.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°. If you are baking more than one sheet of cookies at a time and have a convection oven use the pure convection setting and preheat to 300°.
- Slice the dough into ¼-inch thick slices.
- Place dough slices on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven
- Cool on racks.
- In a small bowl, melt 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips over a double boiler.
- Gently spread melted chocolate over the tops of the cookies.
- Allow the chocolate to set up.