Spicy Red Pepper and Feta Spread
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
Roasted Red Pepper:
- ½ cup finely chopped roasted red bell pepper that has been peeled, cored, seeded (about 1 small red roasted pepper). Click here on how to roast peppers.
Ingredients For Skillet:
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¾ cup crumbled soft feta cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Optional Vegetables, Bread, or Crackers For Serving:
- Pita Bread or Pita Chips
- 2-inch cubes of French or Sourdough Bread
- Cucumber Slices
- Zucchini Slices
- Celery Sticks
Peel, core, seed, and finely chop the roasted red pepper; set aside. Click here for how to roast peppers.
- Heat oil on medium heat in a small skillet.
- Add the crushed red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add the garlic and mix with the chile flakes; set aside.
- Place the feta cheese in a food processor.
- Add the olive oil mixture to the feta mixture.
- Process until well-combined.
- Scrape the feta cheese and oil mixture into a small mixing bowl.
- Add the finely chopped roasted red pepper.
- Mix together until incorporated.
- Transfer the spread to a serving bowl.