- 6 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- One 12-ounce box dried egg fettuccine noodles
Ingredients For Sauce:
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Bring water and salt to a boil in a large pot.
- Add noodles and cook until the noodles are firm (package should give you some cooking guidelines).
- In a large sauté pan, melt butter.
- Add minced garlic to pan and stir for a few minutes.
- Turn off heat.
- Add cooked and drained noodles to sauté pan.
- Stir noodles to coat with butter.
- Add half and half and stir into noodles.
- Add cheese, stir into noodles.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe from Joy of Cooking, by Irma S. Rombauer, Marion Rombauer Becker, and Ethan Becker. New York: Scribner (1997).