- 8 slices of bread your favorite bread (I like using sourdough)
- 1 Tablespoon oil for griddle
Egg and Milk Mixture:
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup half and half (you can substitute milk)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (optional)
- Softened butter
- Maple syrup
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or skillet on medium-low to medium heat.
- Whisk eggs, milk, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a pie pan or shallow baking dish.
- Dip each slice of bread in the egg mixture until thoroughly saturated.
- Place bread on griddle without crowding.
- Cook until the underside is golden brown.
- Using a pancake turner, flip the bread over and cook until the second side is golden.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in a 200° oven.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup.