Frosted Lemon Bites
- Making dough: 15 minutes
- Refrigeration time: 2 to 24 hours
- Baking time: 6 to 8 minutes
Ingredients to be Creamed:
- 1¼ cups butter, softened (2½ sticks butter)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
Cream butter on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar.
- On medium speed mix sugar into the butter until light and fluffy.
- Mix in moist ingredients.
- Mix in dry ingredients. Beat on medium speed until incorporated.
- Turn dough out onto a piece of waxed paper that is about 15-inches long.
- Shape dough into a rectangle that is about 3-inches wide by 10-inches long.
- Wrap the wax paper around the dough and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°. If using a convection oven preheat on pure convection to 375°.
- Cut the rectangle in half lengthwise. Slice dough into ¼-inch pieces across the short side of the rectangle. Each cookie slice will be approximately 1-inch by 2½-inches.
- Place cut dough on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake until firm, but not hard; approximately 6 to 8 minutes. Do Not Overbake!
- Cool completely on racks.
- Frost with half a recipe of lemon buttercream frosting.