Ground Lamb Kebobs (or Ground Beef Kebobs)
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Refrigeration time: 30 minutes to 2 hours
- Grilling time: 6 minutes
- 1 pound ground lamb or ground beef
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ of a small onion; finely chopped
- 1½ teaspoons finely chopped mint
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger (or ½ teaspoon ground ginger)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
If you are using bamboo skewers you will need to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling to prevent them from charring.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Roll meat into eight cylinder shaped logs, each log should be approximately 4 to 6-inches long
- Lightly oil a rectangular baking dish.
- Thread each log onto a skewer. The easiest way to do this is to imbed the skewer in the meat.
- Taper the ends to make it easy to remove from skewer.
- Place lamb kebobs in baking dish. Turn once to coat with oil.
- Refrigerate kebobs for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- When meat is ready to cook, preheat grill to medium heat. If you have a temperature gauge try to keep the grill between 400° and 450°.
- Brush the top side of the kebobs with a coating of vegetable oil.
- Place skewers oiled side down on grill and cook for 3 minutes.
- Before turning, brush the top of the kebobs with a light coating of vegetable oil.
- Run a metal pancake turner under each skewer, gently turn over with freshly oiled side down.
- Cook for another 3 minutes.