- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup white basmati rice
- ½ teaspoon thyme leaves (¼ teaspoon ground thyme)
- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon ground sage
- ⅛ teaspoon ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped (optional)
Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté until golden in color.
- Add garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Add rice to pan stirring until a nice golden color; about 1 minute.
- Add spices and broth.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to lowest setting.
- Cover pan and simmer for 20 minutes.
- If you have some fresh parsley available throw it in during the last minute of cooking.