Holiday Coconut Pie (Pecan Pie Substitute)
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Baking time: 50 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- ⅓ cup butter (5⅓ tablespoons); melted and cooled slightly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flaked, unsweetened dried coconut
Preheat oven to 350°. If you are using a convection oven choose convection bake at 325°.
- Make pie dough and place in a 9-inch pie plate; set aside.
- Beat sugar, salt, dark corn syrup, butter, vanilla, and eggs in a work bowl on medium-high speed until mixed well; about 30 seconds.
- Stir in coconut.
- Pour coconut filling into pie plate.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool.