How To Peel A Tomato
Get out a large mixing bowl and fill with 6 cups of ice water; set aside.
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Using a slotted or small sieve spoon, dip the tomato in the boiling water. You can also use tongs for this task, as long as you grab the tomato gently.
- Boil for 30 seconds.
- Remove tomato from the boiling water and immediately immerse in the ice water. This will prevent the tomato from cooking.
- Scrape the surface of the tomato with a paring knife to loosen the skin.
- Peel the skin from the tomato.