How To Peel Garlic
Choose a plump and firm head of garlic.
- Using your thumbnail or a paring knife, carefully make a slit along both sides of a clove of garlic that is attached to the head of garlic.
- Gently pry the clove loose from the head of garlic.
- Using a paring knife, cut off both ends of the garlic.
- Insert the flat edge of the paring knife blade under the papery skin of the clove of garlic.
- Turn the knife blade up so that the papery skin of the garlic breaks open.
- Use your fingers to pull the papery skin away from the garlic clove.