How To Peel, Seed, and Cut Up A Butternut Squash
Peel the squash. A vegetable peeler works well for this step.
- Cut the stem and bottom off of the squash.
- Stand the squash on a cutting board.
- With a large, sharp knife carefully slice the squash in half. If this is too much for your knife, slice the neck from the rounded bottom part of the squash and then slice each piece in half.
- Use a large spoon to scoop the seeds from the squash.
- Cut the flesh of the squash into 1½-inch chunks.
- Cook as directed.