Instant Pot Applesauce
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 5 minutes
- Natural Pressure Release: 15-20 minutes
- Total time: Approx. 30 minutes
- 3 to 5 pounds apples, peeled, cored, and quartered
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup water
- Dash salt
Peel, core, and quarter apples.
- Put apples in cooker, making sure inner pot is no more than 2/3 full.
- Add spices and water.
- Close and lock lid.
- Check to make sure the steam release handle points to "Sealing".
- Press the "Manual" button, and set the timer for 5 minutes.
- When the timer goes off the cooker will automatically go to the "Keep Warm/Cancel" mode.
- Allow the cooker to cool down naturally until the float valve drops down. This can take up to 15 minutes.
- Carefully unlock the lid and remove.
- Mash the apples with a potato masher until they are desired consistency.