Instant Pot Beef Bolognese
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Sauté time: 5 minutes
- Stew time: 35 minutes
- Natural Pressure Release: 15 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Veggies to Sauté:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped carrot
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
Tomatoes, Tomato Paste, and Spices:
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ¾ cup diced stewed tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
Milk and Wine:
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup red wine
- 1 pound top sirloin, cut into bite-sized pieces
Pasta and Parmesan:
- One 16-ounce bag penne or fusilli pasta (or pasta of your choice) cooked as directed
- Grated Parmesan cheese
Press "Sauté" on the cooker. Note: Do not use lid when Saut&ingacute;.
- When the word "Hot" appears on the display add oil, onion, carrot, and celery.
- Cook veggies until they begin to soften and the the onion is golden in color; 3 to 5 minutes. Turn off the Instant Pot and stir in the garlic.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, and spices, stirring to incorporate.
- Add the milk, wine, and beef to the Instant Pot stirring to incorporate.
- Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot.
- Press the "Meat/Stew" setting.
- The Instant Pot will automatically build up internal pressure and then a preset timer will engage for 35 minutes.
- Allow the cooker to cool down naturally until the float valve drops down. This can take up to 15 minutes.
- Prepare pasta while waiting for the cooker to cool.
- Carefully unlock and remove the pressure cooker lid.
- Adjust salt to taste.
- Serve over the pasta.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese.