Instant Pot Brown and Wild Rice With Mushrooms
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Sauté time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Natural Pressure Release: 10 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour
Olive Oil and Veggies:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cups coarsely chopped mushrooms (approx. 4 to 6 mushrooms)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
Brown Rice and Wild Rice:
- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- ½ cup wild rice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon sage
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Vegetable or Chicken Stock and Butter:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2¼ cups vegetable or chicken stock
Press "Sauté" on the cooker. Note: Do not use lid when Sautéing.
- When the word "Hot" appears on the display add the olive oil.
- Add the onions, mushrooms, and garlic, cooking until the onion is tender; 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn off the cooker.
- Add brown and wild rice.
- Add the spices.
- Add broth and butter, stirring to combine all ingredients.
- Check to make sure there are no rice grains at the top of the inner pot. If there are use a spoon or spatula to push them down to the bottom of the pot.
- Close and lock lid.
- Check to make sure the steam release handle points to "Sealing".
- Press the "Manual" button, and set the timer for 30 minutes.
- When time is up and the beeper goes off the cooker will go into "Keep Warm" mode.
- Use the "10-minute natural release" mode of cooling. The cooker will automatically count to 10 minutes while it is in the "Keep Warm/Cancel" mode.
- At the end of the 10 minutes press "Cancel" and carefully twist the steam release handle on the lid to "Venting" position. Keep hands and face away from hole on top of the steam release valve to avoid scalding.
- Once the steam has escaped and the red float valve has dropped down, carefully unlock the lid and remove.