Italian Penne Pasta Side Dish
- One 16-ounce bag of penne pasta
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil finely chopped, or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced capers
- 1 tablespoon minced sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (optional); served on the side
Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking mix oil, basil, black pepper, salt, garlic, capers, sun dried tomatoes, and lemon juice together in a small bowl.
- Drain pasta and place in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil mixture to pasta.
- Toss and serve.