Italian Salad Dressing
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon dry mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
In a small bowl, mix together minced garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, and spices.
- Let stand for 10 minutes. This will bring out the full flavor of the garlic.
- Slowly pour olive oil into the bowl; whisking as you pour. This method will allow the ingredients to mesh together and make a smooth, well-incorporated salad dressing.
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker's Cookbook. New York: Golden Press (1980).