Jam Thumbprints With Nuts
Ingredients to Cream:
- ⅔ cup butter
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Ingredients for Rolling:
- 2 beaten egg whites
- ¾ cup finely chopped walnuts
- ⅓ cup raspberry jam, or tart jam of your choice (Do not use spreadable fruit)
Preheat oven to 350°. If using a convection oven use the pure convection setting preheated to 325°.
- Grease cookies sheets and set aside. Click here to learn more about how to grease cookie sheets.
- In a large work bowl, cream butter, sugar, and salt until light and fluffy.
- Separate eggs. Place the egg whites in a small bowl and set aside. Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to separate eggs.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla to work bowl and mix in.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Using a fork or whisk, lightly beat the egg whites.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Dip each ball in the beaten egg whites.
- Roll each ball in chopped nuts.
- Place balls on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Use thumb to make an indentation in each ball. You may have to do a little bit of shaping with your fingers.
- Fill the indentation with a scant ¼ to ½ teaspoonful of raspberry jam or tart jam of your choice.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes; until the nuts and dough are golden brown.
- Cool and serve.