Lemon Buttercream Frosting
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
For Single Recipe
(Frosts a two layer 8 or 9-inch cake)
- 6 tablespoons butter; softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Zest from ½ a lemon (optional)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
For Half recipe
(Frosts a one 8 or 9-inch cake)
- 3 tablespoons butter; softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Zest from a lemon (optional)
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
Cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla, lemon juice, and powdered sugar.
- Beat until frosting has a smooth spreading consistency.