Lemon White Chocolate Chip Coconut Bars
- 1¼ cups butter,softened (2½ sticks)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 3 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet; set aside. Click here to learn more about how to grease cookie sheets.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy on medium high speed.
- Separate eggs saving egg yolks only. Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to separate eggs.
- Add yolks, vanilla, lemon juice and zest of lemon. Mix until incorporated.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, and ginger. Blend into butter mixture, scraping sides as you go.
- Add coconut, white chocolate chips, and nuts (optional). Mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Turn dough out onto cookie sheet. Using the palm of your hand press dough to cover the bottom of the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown in color and firm to the touch in the middle of the pan.
- Cool, cut into bars. Serve.