Creamy Macaroni Salad
- Boiling eggs: 20 minutes
- Cooling eggs: 2 to 4 hours
- Assembly: 20 minutes
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 6 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
Celery, Pickle, and Onion:
- ½ cup celery, finely chopped (about 2 stalks)
- ½ cup sweet pickles, finely chopped (about 2 sweet pickles)
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped (about ¼ of a small onion)
- 1 tablespoon diced pimiento peppers (optional)
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon milk
Makes approximately 8 cups of macaroni salad.
- Serves 6 to 8.
- 6 to 8 hours before assembling the salad, hard boil the eggs and refrigerate. Click here for how to make hard-boiled eggs.
- Cook the macaroni as per the package directions.
- Pour the cooked macaroni into a strainer.
- Rinse with cold water until completely cooled; set aside.
- Pour the drained and cooled macaroni into a large mixing bowl.
- Peel and finely chop the hard boiled eggs and add to the macaroni.
- Finely chop the celery, sweet pickles, and onion.
- Add the celery, pickles, onion and optional pimiento to the macaroni.
- In a small bowl mix together the dressing ingredients.
- Add the dressing to the macaroni mixture and gently toss to coat.
- Refrigerate the macaroni salad until ready to serve.