Macaroon Kiss Delights
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Refrigeration time: 1 hour
- Baking time: 12 minutes
- Total time: 1½ hours
Ingredients To Be Creamed:
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 3-ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Coconut For Dough:
- 3 cups unsweetened or sweetened flaked coconut
Coconut For Rolling:
- 1 cup unsweetened or sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 bag of caramel, milk chocolate, or extra dark Hershey's Kisses (11-ounce bag)
Cream butter and cream cheese in a work bowl.
- Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolk and vanilla, beat well; scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Add dry ingredients to work bowl and mix in.
- Measure out 4 cups of coconut, set 1 cup aside in a separate bowl.
- Add 3 cups of coconut to the work bowl and mix in.
- Cover dough tightly and chill at least 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. If you are using a convection oven choose the pure convection setting at 325°.
- Unwrap kisses and place on a piece of waxed paper or a plate; set aside.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in the remaining 2 cups of coconut.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and immediately press an unwrapped kiss on top of each cookie.
- Leave the cookies on the cookie sheet for 1 minute.
- Carefully remove from the cookie sheet to a wire rack.
- Cool completely.