- Preperation time: 15 minutes
- Total baking time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon brewed espresso (or 1 teaspoon instant coffee dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2-ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons to 2 tablespoons hot brewed espresso (or 2 teaspoons instant coffee dissolved in 2 tablespoons hot water)
Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl combine 1 cup of flour and ¼ cup sugar.
- Cut butter into flour and sugar mixture until crumbly.
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom of a 13x9 oblong baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine and mix moist ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in the coarsely chopped walnuts (optional).
- Spread the brownie mixture over the baked crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Prepare the Mocha Glaze For Baked Goods:
- On low heat melt unsweetened chocolate and butter in a small saucepan.
- Remove from heat and whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Whisk in 1 teaspoon of hot espresso at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Using a spatula, spread the glaze over the brownies.
- Allow the glaze to set up.