- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 to 6 tablespoons strongly brewed coffee
Make 1 cup of strongly brewed coffee and set aside to cool.
- Cream the butter in a work bowl.
- Add powdered sugar and cocoa powder to work bowl.
- Add vanilla to work bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons coffee to the work bowl.
- Beginning on low speed, slowly mix the ingredients together.
- On medium-high speed beat the frosting until it is smooth and creamy, adding coffee as needed until the desired spreading consistency is reached.
- Recipe fills and frosts two 9-inch layers, 24 cupcakes, or a 13 x 9-inch oblong cake.
- If you are making a layer cake click here for instructions on frosting a layer cake.