No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Preperation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooling Time in Refrigerator: 20 minutes
Ingredients to heat in saucepan:
- 1 stick of butter (8 tablespoons)
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- ½ cup milk
Ingredients to Stir Into Cooked Mixture:
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3½ cups quick oats (do not use regular oats)
Cover the bottoms of 2 cookie sheets with waxed paper, set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan on low heat.
- Add sugar, cocoa, and milk to the saucepan. Whisk until incorporated.
- Bring cocoa mixture to a simmer on medium-low heat. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla to saucepan and whisk until mixed in.
- With a large spoon or spatula stir oats into pan; mixing gently until incorporated.
- Drop by tablespoon onto the waxed paper lined cookie sheets.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until the cookies are firmly set up.